25 April 2008

Speaking of Gucci Crew II, I decided to go YouTube a bunch of my favorite songs from my childhood. I lived most of my childhood in Miami, during the height of the Miami Bass sound... my older cousins got me to sing 2 Live Crew's "We Want Some Pussy" for my parents and my aunt when I was 8 years old and I've been a fan ever since. Not all of this (ie. Sir Mix-a-lot and J.J. Fad) is necessarily Miami booty bass, but they're still some of my favorites. It seems I'm on some kind of nostalgia kick with my postings lately... apologies. I guess I just really miss those days.

2 Live Crew






Luke (of 2 Live Crew)


L'Trimm


Sir MIX-A-LOT


J.J. Fad


this isn't an actual Gucci Crew II video... just close your eyes and listen. heh


...and everyone's favorite, The Dogs

3 comments:

Harris K. Telemacher said...

now i understand. i understand it all.

LuftWaffle said...

I updated my blog for you. Good thing my wind-up brain remembered you were on here, otherwise I wouldn't know what to do with your disappearance from LJ.

ɹǝɥʇɐǝɥ ‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮҉ said...

Hey Jayson! Thanks for updating... I thought you might have forgotten about it.

Yeah, sorry for leaving livejournal so abruptly. I've considered reactivating it, but it seems all I use it for is to complain... which is okay sometimes, but I know people get tired of hearing it when that's all I seem to do.

Figure I'm better off just posting goofy YouTube videos and ASCII art than talking about how much I hate my life.

Anyway, yay for a new update! Gonna go check it out now.